Creating Group Sessions
- work in study groups
- complete peer review activities
- collaborate on group projects
Instructors can create Collaborate sessions for students to:
By restricting membership to students in a specific group, the group has a private online meeting room. Students should generally be given moderator access to these groups so they can full use the product without instructor support.
By following the instructions below, only the students in the group and the instructor who created the group session will be able to access the session. However, recordings created from the room will be available to all students in the course/organization.
- Begin by scheduling a new session using the Create Session button in the Collaborate tool (Control Panel > Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate).
Fill in all fields from the Session Information Section through Room Options. Note: Create a separate session for each group as needed, and name them appropriately.
- Click on the Assign Roles section near the bottom of the Create Session page.
- Select "Assign access" option
- Click on the Add Moderators button to select from the users list, select the Moderator(s). Scroll to the bottom of the window and click on Submit.
Once you click on Submit, you will see the selected names listed under Moderators.
- Optional: Click on the Add Participants button to select from the users list, select the Participant(s). Scroll to the bottom of the window and click on Submit.
Once you click on Submit, you will see the selected names listed under Participants.
- Click on Save.