Ultra: Collaborate Ultra Help
- If you don't see your recording, change "Show Recent Recordings" to "Show Recordings in a Range."
- In order to allow recordings to be downloaded, go back to the session settings and check the "Allow Recording Downloads" option.
- Recordings are in mp4 format and can take up to one hour to display in Blackboard after the recording ends.
- Chat from the sessions is available by clicking the purple tab at the bottom right of the recording.
- Instructors can change the name of the recording by clicking the options icon to the far right of the recording name.
- Copy the public link ("Copy link")
- Download the recording as an mp4 file ("Download"). You can share the downloaded file as needed. For future courses, you can upload to Kaltura
Chrome or Firefox are the recommended browser, and only browsers that supports screen sharing and managing breakout rooms. Other browser require Flash to be installed. See the following on recommended browsers.
Users must have a myMason profile image before adding/editing an image in Collaborate Ultra.
A separate recording is created each time you start and stop recording during a sessions. Where do the recordings go? Back in your Blackboard Course or Organization, in the Collaborate Ultra tool, click the Menu button and change to Recordings (see image below).
Students in your course can see the recordings using the steps above (in the course, no additional action needed). However, if you want to share the recordings with others (outside of Mason or to other courses/semesters) you have two options:
Note: In session settings, you must enable "Allow recording downloads" before you will see the download option.
Use the guest access link to allow anyone (no login/Mason NetID required) to attend your session. Instructors may wish to use guest access to allow students from multiple sections/courses to meet online in one room.
Next to the course room or a scheduled session, click the "more" button and then choose either "Get guest link" or "Edit settings" to view and copy the guest link. Choose if guests will be participants or have a role with additional privileges. Send users the guest link via email or post in Blackboard.
The guest access link is an easy way to access sessions via the Bb Student app.
Group Work/Student Rooms
Faculty often wish to give students access to a Collaborate room in which the students have full access to share content. This is now a feature in Blackboard's group tool. In a course, go to Control Panel > Users and Groups > Groups. Each group will have access to a Collaborate room. If you want to give the students the ability to record, change that option under Tool Availability when setting up the group. Recordings are only visible to students in the group and the instructor. Students cannot get a link to, download, or re-name the recording; however instructors can view the recording via the group's Collaborate page and can get a "guest link" to share with the rest of the class if needed (see above). A brief student guide is available on the student Collaborate Ultra help page.