Completing Your Recording
After you "stop" your recording you will be directed to the entry page. If you clicked stop by mistake, you can always click Cancel and you will be returned to your recording in a paused state. If you want to complete the recording, enter the following information and click save:
- Title of the recording
Select one of the following options:
- Delete to delete your entry.
- Save and Upload to upload to Blackboard or Course Media.
- Save to save to your local Library only. You will be able to Upload at a later time from your media library.
- Start a new recording - you will be prompted with a confirmation that you indeed want to leave.
- Playback your recording.
When you Save a recording without uploading it, the Management window opens with the Edit tab and displays the options to Upload or Delete your media. You can also select Delete all uploaded to delete all uploaded media files from your local storage.
Click Upload. A pending status is displayed and a successful upload message appears when the upload is completed.
Saving and Uploading Your Recording
After you “Stop” recording, the following message is displayed.
The process of uploading your recording to Blackboard MyMedia or a https//coursemedia.gmu.edu application is seamless.
The followng message is displayed:
The final message that your recording was saved successfully is displayed.
All the recorded videos are stored locally in your Recordings directory. If you have not changed the Recordings directory during the installation, the default recording directory is C:\ProgramFiles\Kaltura\Capture\Recordings. (This is the same folder from the earlier version, CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder)
Your recording is automatically uploaded to your Kaltura account (to the user specified in the “User ID” field in the Recording Details screen).
Upload is done in the background regardless of the user that is logged in. After you save your recording, you can start a new one or log off and the recording will continue to upload.
When you Click Here in the successful upload screen, you are automatically directed to your Kaltura Mediaspace or KAF instance.
Closing Kaltura Capture While There is an Upload Running in the Background
You may close the application in the midst of an upload.The following warning message will be displayed:
Select No to close the confirmation popup. Select Yes to quit and close the confirmation popup, exit the application, and stop the upload.
Viewing the Kaltura Capture Recording in Blackboard or Course Media
To view the Kaltura Capture Recording
- Click on the link that is displayed next to your media in the Management Window
This link will bring you to the main MyMason homepage login and select My Media.
The Kaltura Capture recorded media thumbnail is displayed in your MyMedia. If using https://coursemedia.gmu.edu you will be taken directly to the media.
- Click on the media and then press Play.
- Use the Kaltura Player’s rich media viewing options to take full advantage of the multiple interactive viewing options for your recording. See Viewing Rich Media in the Kaltura Player for more information.
Exiting the Kaltura Capture Application
To Exit the Kaltura Capture Application
- In your Taskbar and Navigation Properties box, right click on the Kaltura Personal Capture Application icon.
Select Quit to exit the application.
To hide or show the Kaltura Capture Application