Placing Video in the Course Content Area
Placing Video to the Course Content Area
- Go to a Content Area in your Blackboard course site (Assignments, Discussions, etc.)
- For example, choose Course Content click Build Content and then select Item from the drop down menu.
- Title the content item. Click the Mashups icon in the text editor and choose Kaltura Media from the drop down menu.
- In the your My Media pop up window you can select media from your main My Media library, the course Media Gallery, or the faculty Shared Repository (1); Search for a previously uploaded media (2); click the Add New button to upload new video (or create a screen capture or webcam recording) (3); Or preview and select a video previously uploaded from the thumbnail list (4).
- Click Add New and choose either Media Upload to upload new video from your computer or Webcam Recording/Screen Recording to initiate a recording session.
- Locate your media from the thumbnail list and click Select (4). Your media will be placed in the course content text editor.
- Enter the Name content, edit any fields inside the text editor or add additional information, attachments etc
- Select Submit
Suggestions for Successful Upload
- 2 Gb is the file size limit for upload.
- A large file may take an hour or more to upload.
- Do not leave the page until your upload status is "done".
- Make sure you are using a fast Internet connection and that the computer does not sleep during the upload process.
- After content is uploaded it may take several minutes for the content to encoded in the proper format for Playback.
- You cannot upload video from a tablet.