Respondus Monitor Troubleshooting
1. Viruses on the computer can affect Respondus and webcam behavior. Always use antivirus software to keep your computer safe. The University has a site license agreement with Symantec for antivirus software. Install this software on your computer and keep it up to date.
2. Verify the webcam is correctly installed on the system. A quick check is to activate the webcam in Skype or similar application that supports a webcam.
3. Start the Respondus Lockdown Browser and choose Help Center on the tool bar. The Help Center will give you help with your Webcam, run a system check and go to the Respondus Knowledge Base.
4. Update the Respondus LockDown Browser to the latest version:
For Windows users, start Respondus LockDown Browser, select the “i” button from the toolbar, and then click “Check for Newer Version”. The version will be displayed and you will be able to download a newer version if one is available.
For Mac users, start Respondus LockDown Browser, select “About” from the toolbar, and then click “Check for Update.” The version will be displayed and you will be able to download a newer version if one is available.
5. Verify local computer security software is not interfering with LockDown Browser. Recommend relaxing any setting to "Medium" and add "lockdown.exe" as a "trusted application".6. Uninstall and reinstall Respondus LockDown browser.