Submitting an Assignment
Your instructor can add assignments to different areas of your course. You might access assignments from a link on the course menu called "Assignments." Or, your instructor might incorporate assignments into each week's content. Ask your instructor if you have questions about how your course is organized.
Submit an Assignment
- Access the assignment. On the Upload Assignment page, review the instructions, due date, points possible, and download any files provided by your instructor. If your instructor has added a rubric for grading, you can view it.
- Select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer or drag files from your computer to the "hot spot" in the Attach Files area.
- Optionally, type Comments about your submission.
- Select Submit. If you don't, your instructor won't receive your completed assignment! The Review Submission History page appears with information about your submitted assignment and a success message with a confirmation number. For assignments with multiple attempts, you receive a different number for each submission. You'll also receive an email with your confirmation number and details each time you submit coursework.
- File names cannot include any special characters other than letters
and numbers. Saving the file with special characters in the name can
cause the file to be corrupted. If a file name includes special characters the Preview pane will not open and the Instructor will not be able to see your document. In this case, contact your instructor to remove the bad document (e.g. Tony's assignment1.doc) and resubmit it with a good file name (e.g. Tony assignment1.doc)
- When you submit an assignment successfully, the Review Submission History page appears with information about your submitted assignment. A success message with a confirmation number displays at the top of the page. The confirmation number will be emailed to your Mason email account. You can access all your submission receipts from the Submitted tab on the My Grades page. Select the number next to Submission Receipts at the bottom of the list to see your submission history.
- After submitting an assignment, the Review Submission History page will display a box that has the document file title with a message that says: "This file is being converted. The estimated wait time is ___ seconds." However, even after waiting the designated time posted, the document does not display. Refresh the page or exit and re-enter the assignment to see the rendered file.