Note: Installation of Respondus Test Creation Application is required. Click here for installation instructions.
1. Open the Internet Explorer (IE) browser on your computer (just open it, you do not need to log into Blackboard or visit any website). There is a known Microsoft bug that required IE to be open for some authentications.
2. Click on the Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide icon that displays on your desktop. On the Respondus page, click on the Retrieval & Reports tab and then click on the Retrieve Questions button
3. The Retrieve Questions Wizard window will open. First time users: Next to Blackboard Server, select "add new server" otherwise go to Step 10.
4. An Add New Server Settings window will open. Leave the radio button next to Yes, check for preconfigured server settings. Click Next.
5. On the Preconfigured Server Settings Wizard, enter a name in field 1 (e.g. My Bb Courses). Leave the radio button checked next to Run Connection Test. Click Next.
6. myMason will open. Click on Mason Bb Login
7. After successfully logging into myMason, click on the Close After Login button at the top right corner of the page.
8. Within a few seconds, the Preconfigured Server Settings Wizard will open indicating that the connection test was completed successfully. Click Next.
9. The Preconfigured Server Settings Wizard will open indicating that the new server settings have been added or updated. Click Finish.
10. On the Retrieve Questions Wizard, click Next.
11. myMason may open again. If it does, click on Mason Bb Login. After successfully logging into myMason, click on the Close After Login button at the top right corner of the page (you are repeating Steps 6 and 7).
12. On the Retrieve Questions Wizard, (1) select the course you want to retrieve the test from. You must be enrolled in the course for the course to display on the list; (2) select an Exam, Survey or Pool. In this example, an Exam is selected. (3) Enter a name for the file that will be created in Respondus for the test; (4), click on the Next button.
13. After the questions have been retrieved, you will receive a File Saved notification. Click OK and then click Finish.
14. Next, click on the Start tab and then click on the Open button.
15. The Open Respondus File window will open. Select that test (file name) that you entered in Step 9 and click on the Open button.
16. Next, click on the Preview & Publish tab and select Print Options from the menu.
17. On the Print Options page, make your selections. In most cases, you only need to make selections for Option 1: Select Format. For example, if you want to give a student a paper test, you would select Exam. If you want the paper test along with the answer key, select "Exam with Answer Key". The Settings button has various options such as "List answers at end of exam (instead of an asterisk mark). Click on "Save to File" or "Send to Printer".