Blackboard Collaborate Web Launcher
Blackboard Collaborate Web Launcher
The Blackboard Collaborate Launcher is a utility for Windows and Mac. It provides a convenient and reliable way for you to launch your Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing sessions and recordings. When you click Join Room on the Room Details page or a recording link in the Recordings table, Blackboard Collaborate checks to see if you have the launcher installed. If you do not, Blackboard Collaborate prompts you to download it. It is a one time install.
The Blackboard Collaborate Launcher is installed by a file named 'BlackboardCollaborateLauncher-Win.msi'. To download the file, follow the instructions:
- Navigate to an active collaborate Scheduled Session in Blackboard to join meeting.Important:The default Join Room (located above the scheduled sessions area and titled with the course name) is reserved for your instructor. Only select this room if you have been directed by your instructor.A new page will open. Click the Join Room button.Important: If this is your first time joining a Session you will need to save the file first and then download the launcher.
Or you can select the green link Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher located below the Join Room button. This will prompt you to download the launcher.Important: Now you must install the software.Where the file is downloaded will vary depending on your browser:
Internet Explorer: A prompt at the bottom of the window will ask if you want to Run, Save, or Cancel. Select Run.Firefox: A prompt to save the file will pop up. Select Save. Open your downloads and select the file.
(you can open with Blackboard Launcher if available)Chrome: The file will appear in the download bar at the bottom of the window. Select the file once it has finished.
Now you can choose Join Room to open your session.
- At the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher Setup main Page, select Next
- Select Install. Wait for the system to finish installing the software
- Select Finish
This is a one time install.
If you are having problems downloading the file, you can also download it here: https://na-downloads.elluminate.com/bcl/win/BlackboardCollaborateLauncher-Win.msi
If you are on Mac OS X 10.8.4 or later (including Mavericks), you
will be prompted to download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
on your scheduled session or recording link.
Important: The default Join Room (located above the scheduled sessions area and titled with the course name)is reserved for your instructor.
Only select this room if you have been directed by your instructor.
- In the Room Details page, click the Join Room Button to launch the Collaborate Launcher. Important: If you already downloaded the launcher, select the green link Launch Blackboard Collaborate Now. (Remember, you need to download the launcher only once)
- In the Collaborate Launcher window, click the Download Launcher button.
or select the green link Launch Blackboard Collaborate Now.
Important: Now you must install the software.Where the file is downloaded will vary depending on your browser:
Once the file is downloaded check your download folder for the Blackboard collaborate file.
Double click the icon and install the application. If available move to the program to your Application folder for future use.
After you install you will be prompted to run this application. Click Run.
The Blackboard Collaborate session window opens. You are now ready to join your session.
If you are having problems downloading the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher you can use the link below.