Tips and Interface Overview
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Before your first session visit the Blackboard Collaborate Support Center and click on "For First-Time Users: Getting Started"
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to ensure that the audio is working correctly prior to your session.
- Take the Online Orientation or refer to the Participant Guide for information on all the features prior to your first session. This information and more is available from the On Demand Center located on our website – http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Services/On-Demand-Learning-Center.aspx
- Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Set your Connection Speed to the Internet.
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to test your microphone and speakers.
- Participate in the session by responding to polls and providing feedback to the moderator.
- Raise your hand when you have a question or a comment.
- Use Chat to send text messages to other participants and the moderator during the session.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
Blackboard Collaborate™ gives you the functionality you need to support a 21st century teaching and learning environment, such as two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, rich media, breakout rooms, and session recording. Educators and students can engage as if they were in a traditional classroom, with as good as, or even better, outcomes.
Tips on Participating in Session